Vicki Ammundsen is presenting a series of trust webinars for CCH Learning this year. The first webinar in this popular series is Trust Fundamentals. This webinar, which covers the fundamentals of settling and administering trusts, starts at 10.30am on 18 February 2015.
Topics covered will include:
- Requirements of a valid trust
- Drafting traps and considerations
- How much power can/should be reserved to the settlor?
- Differentiation between trust settlements and declarations of trust
- Memoranda of wishes – trust documents or not?
- Beneficiary rights / trustee obligations
- Taxation of trusts – evolution of the taxation regime that applies to trusts
- Fundamentals of good trust governance
- Contracting as a trustee – accepting the benefit of a contract – important considerations
- Trustee resolutions
- Trustee liability
- Review of the Law of Trusts
For more information or to book a place at this webinar see Trust Series 2015 – Trust Fundamentals Trust Series 2015 – Trust Fundamentals. The webinar concludes with a question and answer session.