Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of new trust case law? Help is at hand. Vicki Ammundsen and John Brown are presenting a webinar on critical trust cases for 2017. For more information see Webinar Series 2017 – Critical Trust Cases.
Cases covered include:
- Marshall Family Trust and Godfrey v McCormick – critical analysis of whether attorneys under EPOAs exercise powers of appointment
- Erceg v Erceg – dealing with beneficiary requests for information
- McLaren v McLaren – in this case Parents were removed as beneficiaries by their son. How open ended is the power of appointment/removal of beneficiaries in the trust precedents you use? What duties does an appointor owe? Does your precedent need review?
- Intext Coating v Deo – Subrogation. Backwards tracing into debt. What does this actually mean?
- Chambers v SR Hamilton – memoranda of wishes update
- Proprietors of Wakatu v Attorney-General – trustees’ fiduciary obligations